Monday, June 08, 2009

Mushy

I think my brain has liquefied and is now dripping out my ear...yesterday was horrendous. I had eight follow-up consults and saw a lot of patients in the ER and was up until 2:00 writing notes and then blissfully I got about four or so hours of sleep (thanks, Peng! Such a good Night Float) until Family paged me to try and dump a patient on us.

We had the world's longest checkout and then I had to call back one of my patients. Who called from the hospital. Which was weird, but at least he wasn't calling from the psych ward.

I was going to go to the gym after I left work, but, of course...I forgot my pants. Which, I can't work out without pants, at least not at the gym (no pants!). So I went to Target, where my weird headache turned into a full-on migraine. I was queasy. Things were loud, and smelly. Bleh. But 800mg of Motrin helped. All of the caffeine I drank finally kicked in. And so I ended up taking a very meandering trip to the yarn store (through two bookstores and an eco-stuff store) and lost about 45 minutes somewhere in the yarn store, so I was two minutes late (i.e., their pickup time is 5-6, I got there at 6:02) picking up Maggie from the daycare.

She's tired, too. There was some whimpering when we left the daycare - she looooves the daycare - but she's done nothing but sleep (and beg for cheese) since we got home.

Come to think of it...she's got a good idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ER---Hospital----Target-----oh well

BUT YARN STORE

what did you get?

Does Maggie go to a day care everyday now in your new home?

Enjoy Carol

Anonymous said...

No Pants!!!!!
you know who this is!

Bookmark and Share