Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Answers

Oh. And in answer to some recent queries...

1. Carol - I bought yarn at the yarn store. Ha! No, seriously, I bought two colors of this merino/silk blend and a ball of Kidsilk Haze for projects which I will detail later. Maybe this weekend, maybe after Peng's wedding, but probably this weekend because they're not exactly secret, and only one is for her. I just need time to sit and write about it.

2. Maggie only gets to go to daycare when I'm on call, which means, sadly, that she only has one more little visit to daycare left (that's sad for her, not me). I mean, she'll stay there when I go home in July and December and when I go to Hawaii in October and any other times I might choose to leave town without her, but for the day to day, next Monday is it. However, we have a very nice dog walker who comes every day. He's an older, retired military guy and she adores him. He's really very fond of her, too. I like having him come, but I wish I had the funds to maybe put her in daycare one day a week, because I KNOW she loves hanging out with the other dogs. When I'm not post-call, though, I rarely make it home before 6pm when their pickup hours end (which is why the dog walker comes this year, because my days are looong). So maybe when I'm a Child Fellow, on the day I'm at State Hospital all day. We'll see.

3. I have not, I promise, forgotten about the prizes from the lyrics contest. I've just been working too much and moving (Julie moved, too) and now I can't remember where the post office is. Plus, Jenn, I have some finishing touches to put on something that's going in your box. But I need to send that stuff out, soon, because I'm thinking of doing the lyrics contest again. That was fun. But...patience. I promise it'll be worth the wait, and I'll be more expedient next time (that's a lie. I just moved the box of Barb's stuff I was going to mail to her for Christmas. Which is lucky, because we had to add something for the puppy). Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. (Julie, you need to Facebook me your new mailing address!)

4. I had a really, really long day. So long, in fact, that I just typed "That was fun. But...patients." And then looked at it for a good twenty seconds thinking, no...that looks wrong... So I'm going to bed. Oh, but not before I add...

5. Anonymous - NO PANTS!!

2 comments:

Julie Hoover said...

haha...I had totally forgotten about the prizes from the lyrics contest! I guess it's all the moving...it'll do that to a woman!!!

And I LOVE the crab. I might totally knit one of those.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for the "personalbe" reply-----that was extra nice with your busy schedule.

First I shall be able to "sleep" at night---hee hee knowing all the SPECIFICS about Mags.

Second yarn store purchases----sound so good. I am been kind of discouraged with my knitting of socks and even shipped the "punishment" pair to Lorna to redo. I just could not do it. Better to admit to a problem and move on. But - - - -

You said being in "home" in July. Will you be around for the Swap Party at Lorna's on July 26th? I think that still is the date. We are coming up. Hope to see you.

Take care and enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share