Thursday, June 11, 2009

Counting...

I can count two posts yesterday as covering my post for today, right?

Sweet Mary Jane, am I tired.

Drove to the coast today. I have one more week of doing that, then I'm done with AHEC. Potentially forever - there's an AHEC requirement in fellowship, but I'm hoping to be at the county child abuse and maltreatment clinic, which isn't technically part of AHEC but (I'm told) should still count for my requirement.

I like my ACTT people. And they just got a new substance abuse counselor, who seems nice. Fritz is going to be their guy next year, and I think he'll do well there. They'll like him. He'll be too tall for the plane, but he's probably used to that. Fritz is a nice guy, I hope it goes well for him.

I feel like the free-range crazy chasing has fallen, for me, into a greater pattern of unrest. As my supervisor so eagerly pointed out, I've been very unsettled this year. I really, really liked the people I worked with at the ACT team (I would've switched sites mid-year if I didn't. In a heartbeat), and I really liked the work we did, but I really wish I'd had a little more consistency. And with all of the not going because of call, because I was on day float or night float, because I was sick, because the weather sucked, because I was on vacation...it made it hard to settle in. Some of that would've been better if my location were closer - i.e., there were several days I could probably made it through a day locally, but I was feeling way too sick to drive five hours or have my eardrums explode on an unpressurized plane. The weather, obviously, would've been a trivial influence instead of what turned out to be a huge one. The rest, well...that's part of the scatteredness of second year. Which, in general, I'm happy to leave behind. Because it's funny how, even though I'm scattered to all sorts of places, I'm still plenty responsible to the places I've left behind.

It's exhausting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is busy, complicated and in the end fun! ! ! !

Enjoy carol

Bookmark and Share