Friday, June 12, 2009

Weird

Watch this:



I find this weird.

A, why was she looking at her own intestine? I mean, fine, I had my tonsils in a jar when I was a kid. And yes, I have laparoscopic pictures from my appendectomy. And my pathology prof in medical school kept slides of my appendix for me (he just never got around to giving them to me)...you know what, never mind, I think I have lost my right to comment on her having her own slides...

But good for her. I mean, I'm sorry she has Crohn's, but far better to know that now than to keep thinking she has Irritable Bowel until she perforates something. And good for her for being vigilant. And why isn't she planning on medical school? According to my friend the pathologist, the world needs vigilant pathologists.

I still think it's weird.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of, like when you have a symptom of something and you google it. For the most part, you shouldn't do that, because the worst of the worst case scenarios will come up. (Remember my airheaded pregnant friend with "PUBS" rash?) But I have heard of some people diagnosing themselves accurately without being doctors.
This also reminds me of the show "Mystery Diagnosis". Maybe she'll get her own episode.

Anonymous said...

My body and I always diagnose ourselves so when we see the Dr.----we can verify that he/she IS CORRECT. Referring to those Gp'S or are they Internal Medicine people nowadays?

Hee hee

Not weird---sign of times---

Enjoy Carol

Barb Matijevich said...

I thought she said she WAS going to med school. And it sounded like the whole class was looking at her slides in an effort to find help for her. I don't know. It doesn't seem that weird to me because I feel like a lot of medicine these days depends on us to diagnose ourselves. Self medicine--seems like a way of life since the advent of HMOs and PPOs.

Bookmark and Share