Thursday, June 18, 2009

I just hope mine never ends up on there...

Click. Read. Laugh. Be forewarned, however, that a couple of them are not entirely safe for work...

Today was my last day going to the coast. I'm definitely not going to miss the commuting, but I'm rather going to miss the people on my ACT team. It was a good experience, and I'm glad I did it. And I'm happy to know my way around our little coastal town, now, because it's a great day trip...or weekend...I just need people who might want to come with. Any takers?

It was a nice time today. I went out with one of the nurses, who is one of my favorite people on the team, and who sadly is leaving before Fritz shows up to take over for me. We saw some people, gave some shots, and talked candidly about the team, mental health in general, politics, and a whole range of things. We got some lunch (Taco Bell, which was a little disappointing, because there's some great restaurants out there, but, alas, also work that needs to be done) and then wandered to the little Asian market next door, which is very fun. And then I went to the yarn shop out there, which is one of my favorite yarn stores, ever. I bought some great sock yarn (non-knitters don't understand about souvenir yarn, but you knitters know what I'm talking about. AND I got a gift for my Christmas in July Secret Santa, so that doesn't count, because it doesn't actually add to the ever-growing stash...). And then I hit the Starbucks near the college, like I always do on my way out of town, and came home. There was a little rain on the way in, but on the whole, it was another gorgeous day at the North Carolina coast.

It was a nice day, but I'm so exhausted. I meant to be in bed an hour ago, but then I got sidetracked, and then I realized I hadn't eaten dinner, and then I had to do that, and then I had to answer some emails, and then I had to write a blog....

Maggie's already asleep, though. Smart girl.

Oh, and PS, my meeting with my program director of course went fine. She gave me some guidance on the issue with which I'd come to her in the first place, and it built nicely on the advice I'd been given by my dynamic supervisor earlier in the day about not letting one person bully me into doing something that wasn't helpful for me. Also smart.

3 comments:

robin said...

1. i do not understand knitting.

2. wilmington?

Anonymous said...

www.wonderfulworking.day

sounds like a nice ending----as well as the knitting shop.----Excitement and curiosity begins with Secret Christmas Knitters Swap and from NORTH CAROLINA.

Gotta get your friend Robin interested in knitting----

tattoos---did you see that FREAK on the TV who put stars on a customer's face??????

oh my!!!!!! scary! ! !

Enjoy the weekend Carol

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. I would like to learn to knit... someday. (Not today, oye vey).
So when are you officially done with being a "second year"???

Bookmark and Share