Sunday, June 28, 2009

Newbies

So, tonight we had the welcome party for the incoming interns.

It was a hoot.

Eva (who is pregnant with twins. This is both wonderful and terrifying) and her husband hosted it. They have a great house for these sorts of things, and two absolutely hysterical dogs.

The new interns seem like a good crew. And they seem to be bonding well, which is a good sign. There are some definite unique personalities in there, in some really positive ways and in some ways that may turn out to be troublesome, but mostly they're a diverse and personable bunch. I think they'll be a good addition. I keep thinking of them as, like, the people I'm going to be handing my clinic patients off to in a year, so it's important to me who they are as people. It's nice to be thinking of them like that and not as fresh meat who would take the crisis pager away from me (thank GOD), which is pretty much how the outgoing intern class always sees the ones coming in (i.e., I really, really like the class behind mine, but last year at this time, I was just like, oh, I don't care who you are, thank God you're here...).

The new academic year starts Thursday. I can't believe I've got two years down already. Moving on, moving up....

2 comments:

robin said...

and two of the clinics are coming my location. wth!

Anonymous said...

Is she a resident AND pg with twins? Oye

So how many days now until you are a "third year"? You never did put that ticker...

Bookmark and Share