Thursday, June 25, 2009

What the heck?

What's with all the dead celebrities? First Ed McMahon (who's gonna bring me my Publisher's Clearinghouse Winnings now?). Then Farrah Fawcett. Then Michael Jackson.

Who knew celebrity was so bad for your health?

So, I've been on walk-ins the past two days. Blissfully, it was not awful. Yesterday I didn't see a single patient, weirdly. I directed traffic a bit, but the rest of the crisis team saw the people that showed up and I got to go to lecture. Weirdly, no one showed at all until the afternoon.

Same thing happened today - no one arrived before 2, I think. There was a woman in the ER I had to dispo to New State Hospital, but, it's not like I haven't done that a couple hundred times. Peng and I ordered lunch (to use up my extra meal card money, which is about to disappear next week) for Magical Corrina the All-Knowing, who is changing jobs (although staying in the department - whew!), and Elise, her replacement (through no likely coincidence, Elise is also her spouse. I don't think it's nepotism, actually. I think it's that they knew Elise and had already figured out that she was awesome). So we ordered subs from this Italian place in town and sat and ate lunch together, and it was delightful.

I decided, after lunch, to try and organize my office, because we're changing offices next week (the Pink Office is moving to a more central location. It's terrifying, I'm sure). Which is, of course, when all the walk-in patients started showing up. Four of them turned up. At least three needed admission.

I finished mine in time, though to have a chat with my program director about this ongoing issue I've been having with one of the attendings. I'll probably say more about this eventually, but she was really supportive, and able to stay very objective, and I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me.

So after work I picked up Little Maxine, because Sparrow's out of town for the weekend. The small one was a very cute little travelling companion for the drive home, and turned into a tiny hellion when we got here. She walked in the house and promptly started to poop on the floor. ::sigh...:: But, all seems to be well again. She and Maggie are playing a game of chase at the moment. I love it when they actually get along...

I think the furry ones and I are going to bed down for the night, now, though. I've been going to the gym at a quarter past dark this week, in the mornings before work. I'm liking it, but I'm definitely still adjusting. So we're sleeping in tomorrow. You know, like, 6:45.

Mi vida loca, people....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Afternoon---you and your furry friends have a great weekend.

You are changing your office around while I am just "dusting" one of the rooms in our home.

Enjoy and keep cool Carol

Bookmark and Share