Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So anxious...

(The above picture, incidentally, was stolen from the Miami Herald website back when Katrina was perplexing the poor NOAA folks. But I think it has the right look about it for today, and it was awfully nice of the meteorologists back then to wear red and blue ties to make it even more fitting...)

I admit it, I'm worried.

Not necessarily because I think there's anything to worry about, but, I'm just anxious about what fate tonight is going to bring us. Everyone else around here is much more confident that Obama will emerge victorious ("Landslide," John says to me this morning. "Landslide."), but I dunno. Maybe it's because I come from the land of "Vote early, vote often." Maybe it's because the last two presidential elections I've voted in came down to "pregnant chads" and vote manipulation. Maybe it's because I now live in a "battleground" state. Maybe it's because I'm worried about rioting if Obama loses, and am a little concerned for my own physical safety in that instance (I'm not at all concerned about the Republicans rioting if McCain loses. They'll just stay at home and grumble). Or, maybe I'm a little worried for the state of the nation if McPain and Caribou Barbie gain power.

Maybe it's all of those things. Maybe I'm just neurotic.

It's historic! It's important! How could you NOT be anxious??

It's so exciting! History is going to be made tonight!!!

Either way...we're all gathering at Sparrow's tonight for pizza and alcohol and to watch the election returns. Yes, fine, we're dorks. But it promises to be a good time...especially if Obama, Hagan, and Purdue all take their respective tickets.

Have you voted yet??

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yeah- I've seen too many McCain/Palin signs popping up around the neighborhood! I am not so sure it will be a "landslide"- However, if it gives you hope the 4 year old in the voting line behind me (yes- she was with her parents and no-she did not get a ballot!) began chanting Barack Obama! Barack Obama! Too cute! Even better was her parents trying to explain to her why she wasn't allowed to campaign at the polling site! :-)

Anonymous said...

You're hilrious

Tiny Tyrant said...

totally anxious for the presidential outcome and that stupid Prop 8.

Bookmark and Share