Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wow.

Am I tired.

Here's the short version.

Mags went over the wall last night, but only made it as far as Sparrow's old house next door. I think she may very literally have hopped over the fence where it's shorter, by the air conditioner, and went over to look for Little Maxine (who's been staying overnight with us this week while Sparrow's on night float, but yesterday she stayed with Rene). But she came running right back as soon as I opened the front door to see why she hadn't come back in the dog door.

Crazy mutt. It's a good thing I dye my hair, or she'd be giving me grays.

Today I drove to the coast. Which...may actually have some benefits. Even if it is 300 miles roundtrip. I listened to the first part of the audiobook I downloaded last week, Barack Obama's Dreams of my Father, read by the author. Wow. I was really sad I'd only managed to burn an hour of it to CD before I left. He's only really discussed his life up to age 8 or 9 so far, but the living in the Spice Islands for a good part of his childhood already tops Gov. "I can see Russia from my house." And it's so far just a good story, with some interesting points. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I spent my day out with the Vocational Rehab counselor. We ran all over town and hunted down some people. We had a nice lunch at this Greek-ish place by the river. I gave one lady her Haldol shot. A good time was had by all.

Well, Sparrow just dropped off the little one, and it's been a long ass day. I think we're going to have some ice cream (well, that might just be me) and watch a little TV and fall asleep in the middle of the same episode of House I've been trying to watch for the past three nights...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For someone who claims to hate, hate, hate House, you sure seem to watch it a lot.

No judgments here, you watch whatever you want, I'm just saying.....aren't Cameron and Chase two of the most boring characters ever??

Hey, my verification word (dicra) is one letter off from a fancy-pants legal thing. It's like it knew it was me.

DK said...

I know...I've stopped hate, hate, hating it and moved down to merely just being annoyed. And thinking about writing and telling them what a crappy medical director they have. But for some reason it's turned into my new "show" - I think because I'm now mostly caught up on SVU. And I don't think it's especially well written, and yes, I actually think Cameron and Chase got a lot more interesting (although...still not so much) when they became secondary characters. I like Kumar, though (not his name on the show, but, the guy that was in Harold and Kumar), and am moderately amused by 13. And I'm strangely attached to House and Wilson and Cuddy.

I dunno. It's a convenient - if medically whack - distraction...

Robin said...

The first 1/3 of Obama's book is fabulous! I got bored when he started describing his early political career. Perhaps it was because I was reading it instead of listening. Let me know if listening is better.

Bookmark and Share