Friday, November 07, 2008

The woman's a lunatic...

...and that's why I love her.

So I'm having this day, right? I'm tired and cranky and still not feeling super, and I have a full schedule except for that chunk in the middle where I have to leave the hospital and run down the street to my friend Larry's clinic, because he's going to be my new primary care doc. Which of course takes us a LOT longer than the 20 minute time slot that's allotted, and so I'm late for my 3:30, which turns out to be complicated (the actual appointment, not the lateness of me), and then there's my 4:30, and I'm all kerfluffled and then I get back to my office and I have this text message from Ruthie, who of course has been on night float all week and is a little delirious. So I call her, and she says, "Where are you?" And I say, well, I'm still at work, just finished my last therapy session, blah, blah, blah, where are you? And she says...

"Oh. I'm in your driveway."

....?

She continues.

"Yeah, you weren't here. So I cruised down by Larry's office" (which, incidentally, is like a half mile or so from the hospital and thus a mile and a half from my house. So, not far) "but I couldn't find your car anywhere. So now I'm in your driveway again and your dog is barking at me. Do you want to get dinner?"

Of course I did.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share