Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I hope you kept the reciept...

I had a really long, really obnoxious day. Now, the long part is (partly) my fault - I'm the one that decided it was okay to do these 15-hour+ Tuesdays (although, usually, I at least like to have time to get dinner before class....notsomuch today). The obnoxious, well....

Fortunately, I had the two cutest dogs in existence waiting for me at home.



I watch the two of them, and I've come to decide that Mags and Max tend to act somewhat less like competing pack members and more like young siblings. Partly because pack members don't tend to get jealous and pouty when the pack leader shows attention to other members of the pack. Not favoritism, mind you. There's some significant sibling rivalry going on, here.

I think Maggie is ready to take her little sister back to the store.

Ah, wait, let me show you the time lapse on this one....here's Maggie, who FINALLY calmed down about twenty minutes after I walked in the door (literally. I get out of my car, and I hear rustling leaves, which tends to indicate she's gone dashing into the house to meet me. I walk in...and...no dog. So I say, tentatively, "Maggie?" at about the same time that she comes bursting through the dog door, all like,
"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!"
I felt loved).

Here's what happened when Maggie got up to get a drink of water...

They're such characters. I think I mentioned that Maggie got to go over to election night at Sparrow's.

Mags and Maxine both tried to score food off of everyone (there are two extreme cute pictures I can't show you, one of Chef lying on the floor with two dogs all like, "HI!! You're Chef! You smell yummy! You're on the floor! And you smell like bacon! We like you!", and one Maggie with her head resting on Matt's knee while he taunts her with a cupcake). Here, Mike battles the tandem "But... I'm so cute... and so hungry" stares.

And of course, Sparrow got new couches which are supposed to be a dog-free zone (okay, really, a dog-hair-free zone). So Little Maxine got a little new bed. Which Maggie then tried to take over.

Love the "Is this okay? Are you paying attention? Am I going to get in trouble?" look on her face...

::sigh:: It's time for bed, y'all....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie and Maxine need to master the art of "calling". It's what Scott and I did whenever one of us had a prime seat in the living room but had to get up (you know how often I pee). I don't know why calling works, but it (usually) does.

Robin said...

I love that picture of Maggie in Maxine's bed!

Barb Matijevich said...

Um.

I love your dog.

When you come for Rhinebeck, will you please bring her?

DK said...

OH MY GOSH would she love THAT. As would I.

He he. She's gonna love Scout and Syd and the kitties....not to mention the girls! And you and Coop, of course. Dude. We're all over it.

Bookmark and Share