Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ugh.

I'm sick. Also tired. Fortunately, I have two fantastic if fuzzy nurses to take care of me (Sparrow's on call, so Little Maxine's over).

It was sweet tonight...I couldn't get the dogs to stop licking me. Both were over-the-top cuddly. And I was like, okay, you two! But they kept being all persistent, and finally...it occurred to me that I was really hot.

Smokin', baby! Right?

No, really, my temp had gone up two degrees. To 104.

So I popped 800mg of motrin, sent my classmates an email looking for someone to cover my call on Saturday, and called all my patients to cancel tomorrow's appointments.

Everyone calmed down after that. In fact...we ordered Indian food for dinner. I was lying on my bed, Little Maxine snuggled up beside me, Maggie napping in her chair...and I heard this tapping sound. The delivery guy? I looked at the dogs...no. They were still sound asleep. Must've been something else. Until I heard it again a minute or so later. That was a definite knock. Still, the girls did nothing until I actually got up and started towards the door. Then suddenly they thought it was the invasion at Normandy. The driver was really amused, fortunately.

Goofy dogs. It's fortunate for them they're both adorable and sweet and cuddly.

I think I may have to get a tiny little nurses' hat for Little Maxine....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award on my blog. Feel better soon. "poopsyc"

Tiny Tyrant said...

Aw girly.

It's not fun being sick, but aminals are the best nurses in the world.

I really know I'm down with something when our girl kitty sticks to me like glue.

Feel better.

Remind me of your favorite color again please.

Bookmark and Share