Sunday, February 22, 2009

3 reasons my life is weird

Three illustrative examples of what my call day has been like. And, remember, I volunteered to stay overnight tonight, smart girl that I am (I actually don't mind, Cleo sounds really sick)....

1. I had to Google "Kazakhstan" for a note. Because I had a kid from there, and I can't spell it without help. She was great - her parents were concerned for a number of valid reasons, but one of their primary worries was how she always said "I don't care" about everything (she's 14. Duh, she "doesn't care"). Her parents get out of the room, one of the first things she says is, "Okay, I actually do care."

2. I just saw a guy in the ER who came into via police in 4-point hard leather restraints. When I went down to see him, he was down to one point. While he was talking to me, he took the zipper pull off his jeans and proceeded to pick the lock on the last cuff, take it off, and sprawl out on the couch (the inflatable rubber couch in the psych room).

3. I cancelled all my patients for clinic tomorrow, right? So I have a lot of them calling me back leaving messages. I get this one message: "Hi, Doc, I'm feeling better, but I need you to call in a prescription for me, I'm going to run out of my meds tomorrow" etc, etc. Went on for two and a half minutes, never actually identified herself.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share