Sunday, February 01, 2009

All Good Things

So, roughly a week ago I announced this silly contest, and this morning marked the last status update.

Hey, that was a good time!

So here are the answers (in reverse order, because it was easier to pull them off of Twitter that way...). And, in case you were curious, I tacked on the reason I picked each one (and to answer your questions, nope, they weren't random, nor planned out, and yeah, there were a few I chose not to use). So here you go...

is hot like wasabe when she busts rhymes.

Barenaked Ladies, One Week. Chosen because, well, it was a week-long contest.

is acting as if.

Sara Evans, As If. Because I was trying to stay up and get my schedule all flipped around as if I were already on Night Float.

jumps up with a devilish grin, 'cause tonight, damn right, she might do it again!

Ludacris, One More Drink. S/p one department party the night before, and heading for the department brunch.

knows the secret code you use to wash away those lonely blues.

Tom Jones, Sex Bomb. Because I like that song and it was on my iPod at the gym, so it subsequently got stuck in my head.

thinks that with each scar, there's a map that tells a story.

Katy Perry, Self-Inflicted. This was on the morning before I saw 7 of my 8 therapy patients in one day, at least 4 of whom are cutters.

is more than your new Barbie bargained for.

SheDaisy, Lucky 4 You (Tonight I'm Just Me). I was reading in preparation for a seminar on Dissociative Identity Disorder (which used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder).

has a garden of songs where she grows all her thoughts.

Ani DiFranco, This Bouquet. Aw, come on, y'all, the selection of this one should be obvious.

says, more days to come, new places to go.

The Scorpions, Rock You Like A Hurricane. I think it was the sudden torrential downpour that got me thinking about this song. I picked this line in continuing with the previous post.

has this old guitar and a brand new set of strings.

Miranda Lambert, New Strings. This song actually has a lot of meaning for me - it sort of became my theme song for this whole relocation to NC and new career and whatnot. And so for some reason I was thinking about that Wednesday morning, and it seemed like the thing to post...

says, bless your soul. You really think you're in control?

Gnarls Barkley, Crazy. Tuesday was crazy. As Tuesday always is. And that line seemed especially fitting...

knows there's guys who've been awake since the second World War.

Barenaked Ladies, Who Needs Sleep? I was awake way too early on Tuesday. As I always am.

wonders where does the arrow point to? Who invented roses?

Dar Williams, What Do You Hear In These Sounds? Monday night, s/p therapy (mine). I do love that song so....

thinks that these are the days when you wish your bed was already made.

The Bangles, Manic Monday. For obvious reasons. And, I only about two weeks ago realized the irony of my Bipolar clinic being on Monday mornings....

Oh, and of course, the title of the first post announcing the contest - You'll probably say it was only a Cardinal.

From The Contest, in Sweeny Todd. Again, kind of obvious.

So that's it, folks. I had about 20 people playing along!! Thanks, everybody!!

Oh....oh, right, yeah, you want to know who won. Silly me.

As it turns out, there was a THREE WAY TIE. Woo-hoo!! I thought about having a tiebreaker round, but then just decided to award prizes to all three. The winners are (drum roll, please):

Robin, of Another Lesson Learned
Julie, of Stop Me if You've Heard This One...
Jenn, of Tiny Tyrant

Robin will get a felted bag (because she doesn't knit, so if I sent her yarn, well...plus, she's put up with me since 1992, so fine, I'll pre-assemble her prize. Might take some time, though! Look how long I've been working on Luke's blanket!!). Jenn and Julie will get yarn from my stash (and whatever else I might throw in the box...). Y'all need to email or FB message me your addresses, though, if you ever expect these to arrive (and even then, allow for the fact that they will be mailed on cranky resident time...).

Honorable mentions go to PenguinShrink, Cranky Mama, Allison, Dr. Von B, and Li'l Kate. You all get warm fuzzy thoughts and cosmic karma points for indulging me.

Yay! This was fun!!

2 comments:

Tiny Tyrant said...

WOOT!

Yarn!

Free Yarn!

Free Yarn from Kate!

Love you honey.

Barb Matijevich said...

Hey, I got the Manic Monday one! Woo Hoo!

Bookmark and Share