Sunday, January 25, 2009

You'll probably say it was only a Cardinal

Alright, folks....we're going to do something new and silly and never before done on this blog....

Announcing...a very frivolous contest.

With prizes! Although I'm not sure what they are yet...

So I update my Facebook status, via Twitter, at least once or twice a day. And it occurred to me to take it on as a personal and very ridiculous challenge to update my status for one week only in song lyrics. And THEN it occurred to me that it was not nearly as much fun if I was playing this game all by myself as it would be for everyone else to play, too. So here are the rules...

1. Read my status updates. If you aren't part of the Facebook community, ask yourself why you're being such a hermited Luddite. And then, look over here ( -----> ), because the Facebook-via-Twitter thing also makes them show up on the blog. And you can clearly get to the blog if you're here already.

2. Identify the song and artist from which the lyrics come. You can do this in one of three ways:
a. By commenting on my Facebook status directly
b. By posting a comment on the latest blog post
c. By sending me an email

Yep, that's pretty much it.

The person with the most correct responses by the end of the week (defined as Monday 1/26 to Sunday 2/1, and including the title of this post) will win something. If you're a knitter, it will be something out of my stash. If you aren't (or if you are and opt out of yarn, which, whoa, really?), it will be...something else I haven't figured out yet, but I promise it will be good. Unless it isn't. Either way, it will be free, and you won it! Which makes everything better.

Ready? Go!

8 comments:

Robin said...

The Contest - Sweeney Todd

Tiny Tyrant said...

The Contest - Sweeney Todd - most recently - Sasha Cohen sang that line

Anonymous said...

Can I cheat? Haven't a clue? Will there be a "booby prize?

The Contest - Sweeney Todd

Ha but enjoying Carol

Allison said...

Hmmm...so, how does it work if other people have already gotten it?

I was actually thinking of doing this with movie quotes--I'm looking forward to playing your song game :)

J said...

"Nope, it was-a-da Pope!" From the musical Sweeney Todd. "The Contest" is the title.

Julie Hoover said...

isn't it also a line in the Bangles - Manic Monday?

Lil Kate said...

I'm with Julie - Manic Monday by the Bangles.

Julie Hoover said...

I totally missed that I needed the title of the post too... its The Contest from Sweeny Todd - just like eveyone else said :)

Bookmark and Share