Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Presidential Precident

In honor of the first week of the Obama administration...



I know, I know, I'm not doing such a good job of being wordless on this Wednesday...

One more for good measure. I'm going to break my "no people on the blog" rule, because no identifying features of Sparrow are actually visible here!! It was cold in DC that day, yo.

So you know what's almost as exciting as having my good friend (actually, several of my friends were there, but Sparrow is by far the coolest, for many reasons, including that she's the only one who remembered to send me pics, and for the reason that's about to become obvious. Aside from her general awesomeness), neighbor, and colleague at the inauguration? Look closely at the outer layer around her neck...


That? That right there? That is a Doctor Kate hand-knit wool scarf. You might remember it from this post. I tried to get her to take the double-knit alpaca one that I originally made for Barb for her first Yankee Christmas (shh!) that I've been wearing for the past two weeks because it's been so freakin' cold in NC (and because I'm not entirely pleased with how the scarf turned out, to be honest...)(Call it quality assurance, Barb. I think I may decide the color pattern on that one is wrong enough anyway that I'll knit you a scarf for your second Yankee Winter instead....), but she ended up with the wool one.

My scarf was at inauguration, y'all!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "bless your soul" one is from "Crazy", can't remember who by.
The one before is "Who Needs Sleep" by BNL.
Don't know the arrow point.
"Manic Monday".

Tiny Tyrant said...

says, bless your soul. You really think you're in control? :

Gnarls Barkley's 'Crazy'

has this old guitar and a brand new set of strings. :

Miranda Lambert's 'New Strings'

knows there's guys who've been awake since the second World War:

Barenaked Ladies' 'Who needs Sleep?'

Thanks for the country shout out there honey. ;-)

Julie Hoover said...

Ok..so "bless your soul" thats Gnarls "does that make me CRAZY" Barkley.

and the other one about the guitar and strings..that's "New Strings" Miranda Lambert?

Barb Matijevich said...

Dude, my BIRTHDAY is in February... Just, um, sayin'. Because I have no scarf!

Bookmark and Share