Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Call Girl

(Notice that I don't yet make anywhere near enough to refer to myself as a high-priced call girl...)

So I'm on call. Again. So far it's been busy, and Mikaela and I were hopping. But Cleo just came on - she's night float - and she's all fresh and perky and pleasant, and well, hell - I'm still pretty travel weary. She can handle things for a while whilst I nap...

Apparently, though, I've got quite the mojo working for me today. My lone afternoon clinic patient (I got SLAMMED this morning in intake clinic, but only one of my psychotic folks decided to show up this afternoon) told me I was pretty and asked if I was married. Well, no, he asked, "You're married, right?" I gave a non-committal "uhh", which, you know, he could interpret as he wished. He then asked me what my husband's name was.

I told him "Mister."

This evening, I got called to evaluate this 89 year old woman, whom I talked to for some time, and then as I was getting ready to leave, she remarked, "Wow, you've got really great boobs." I promptly then ordered a CT of her head (the two weren't related).

I also admitted a kid, who - 5 years old - intentionally broke her baby brother's arm. I went up to do the physical, she looks like just the sweetest little cherub. Later tonight I got called for an order to lock her bathroom door because she kept sticking her head in the toilet.

It's weird out there, y'all....

(PS - only 16 second year calls left to go...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little girl, and poor baby brother.

Anonymous said...

These things happen on TV the make-believe land based on real life. right!

but now I know you and oh my!

Go back to knitting. Carol

Bookmark and Share