Monday, January 12, 2009

The end of today

Seriously. Is today over? Because I am so. very. DONE.

It started out poorly. I'd originally decided today was my very first day to get up at 5am and go to the gym. But, I went Saturday and Sunday, and my calves were just so sore (yet another part of the ankle-shin-calf-back issues I've been having all year. You know, I remember my friend in med school telling me that once he turned 29 - he was 29 at the time - his whole body fell apart. I...um...no, please) that I was like, well, maybe I'll actually LISTEN to my body and take today to recover. So then I decided to get up at 6. Which...5 would not have gone well at all, but 6 didn't go so hot, either. I didn't want to be awake. I didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed. Silly Naked Puppy was all snuggly and puppy-eyed and sad that I was getting up to go to work this morning. I was cranky. I was sore. I was not wanting to be cold. The alarm on the Treo was going off in the living room.

I would've given a king's ransom to cancel my clinic today, stay under my covers, and nap with my doggie. But, no, like a responsible adult, I dragged my ass out of bed, and showered, and bundled up, and went to work. And sometime overnight it got COLD in NC, y'all (I knew, the minute I shaved the dog...). So by the time I walked my asthmatic self from the parking garage I was squeaking. And then....you know...

Oh, what I would've given for one no-show today. But no. All eight showed up. All eight were crazy. Ohhhh, man, it was a rough, rough day. Which ended with my last patient (who started on time, of course, because I'm obsessive like that), with whom I finished a good forty minutes after his appointment was over (oy...), and then I blusteredly threw all my papers down on my desk (you know, the one I just managed to get cleaned off today on my lunch break) and got the hell out of Dodge.

It was an awful, awful, stressful day.

But I got home. I made veggie pizza (have I mentioned my idea about going vegan? I'm pretty sure cheese isn't on the vegan plan, but gosh it's good. I'm figuring something more along the line of increasing my veggies and decreasing my meat and dairy most of the time, but not all the way...i.e., I have plans for a nice burger tomorrow between the gym and class...ooh, and if I go to Evos - the organic healthy fast food place? Maybe a milkshake...) and had a long chat with my mom, and now I feel better. Although, tired. And I have a 7am therapy patient, AND I have to dig out my desk before that, because, dude, my morning is jam-packed and likely to suck. Fortunately, my afternoon looks hopeful for an early escape (hence gym and dinner...).

Oh, and, for the record, Maggie has been nonplussed by the cold, but she does have a coat if need be. She's very stunning in her smart red flannel coat (there'll be pictures, I promise).

No comments:

Bookmark and Share