Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Enough languages to make your head explode

I'm tired, y'all. It's been a typically looooooooooong Tuesday. So, I thought, what can I post that's both educational and entertaining, just strange enough to be humorous, and (let's face it) requires minimal cognitive function on the part of the blogger?

Fortunately, YouTube never disappoints.



It's a little tutorial on Greek dancing. Um....by Germans. I found it linked to something my uncle sent me, which was a video of Greek opera in Italy. No, for real. It's nice, although there are several variations on the kalamatianos (they kept coming back to that, for some reason), which, I don't remember that much spinning. And I can't figure out why they all look like waiters. But, whatever. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate- that's a nice video. Some Greek dance groups do the black pants/white shirt and sash thing when they don't want to go to the trouble of getting costumes. At Annunciation here in Houston, there is one group of all teenage girls that do that outfit with a sailor hat, and all they do is the sailor dance at the very end of the show.
The Germans aren't wearing the hats, but it's the same idea.

Bookmark and Share