Monday, February 16, 2009

Troubleshooting

So I spent most of my day fixing stuff. Fortunately, I was on with Sparrow last night, so I got some sleep. I left the hospital and went to see my shrink (self-troubleshooting, as it were), and then I went to the Verizon store, where they promptly decided they had to do a hard reboot on my phone, because my voicemail wasn't working. So they erased everything off my phone (fortunately, they managed to back up my contacts...), and I spent much time over the rest of the day getting my phone back to the way I had it before (including a second trip to the Verizon store because I lost my email). While they were rebooting my phone, I went to the New Balance store because my shoes were loud and squeaky. I walked in, they all looked at me and were like, oh. And this guy disappears into the back and comes out with a bottle of baby powder and a bottle of hand lotion. And the manager is like, "no, use that Body Glide stuff!" (which I, um, totally misinterpreted, although fortunately only in my head. Apparently it's for runners and such). So they slathered that on my insoles, and finally, I'm able to sneak up on people again.

I got home around 12:30 (Maggie was SOEXCITED!), and left again about an hour later (much less excited) because the home inspector was coming. Whom I ran into on my way out, and told him about a bunch of stuff to look for (was that in bad taste?). Went back to the Verizon Store (see above, re: email), went to Starbucks, spent some time reading, some time trying to configure the phone again, went to the gym, went to the Whole Foods, and then succumbed to the Burger King for dinner on the way home (sigh). And I came home, and my spare key was in the door. So I swore a lot, went in the house, and discovered the inspector was still here. He gave me some tips, we had a nice chat, he left. I showered, did the dishes, talked to my folks, watched some TV, and now it's 9:45 and I meant to be asleep an hour ago. Except that the sooner I go to bed, the sooner tomorrow comes, and ugh, tomorrow's going to suck.

But! I did have fun with the camera phone today.

More daffodils.

And the silly new gym accessory I've acquired. It's a little pocket thing for my water bottle. Maggie has a hiking pack that looks suspiciously similar to this....

Alright. To bed...

4 comments:

Julie Hoover said...

I quite like the pocket waterbottle thing...it's practical..and handy..with the pocket and all...

Tiny Tyrant said...

If you're both on call, who's watching the furbabies?

DK said...

Julie - I know, right? It's actually quite useful for holding my key and my little pencil, because I have to keep a record of what I'm doing in each set on this sheet from Gomer...but it does crack me up a little. I got it at Target - it's in the sporting goods section, on an endcap (in my Target, at least) of IronMan products. It comes with a little squirty bottle, but it works well on my own bottles just the same.

Jenn - fret not. I was on 24h call, but Sparrow was Night Float, so she checked in on Ms. Mags before she came in. She brought pizza with her when she came, too. Sparrow rocks.

Julie Hoover said...

Is your trainers name really Gomer?

Bookmark and Share