Sunday, February 08, 2009

Funny business

It's been a weird day here in sunny NC.

Started out well. I slept in, and Maggie was super excited that I was still home and asleep and not dragging myself out of bed to go away for many, many hours. So we had a little lazy morning, and then I got up and went to Starbucks, and the gym, and the grocery.

While I was out, I'm driving next to this car painted all camouflage, right? Which is a little strange in itself, but then, I look across the road, and there's this guy. On a bike. And behind his bike, he's pulling what appears to be a 12 foot canoe. Okay, and in this canoe, right, are two maybe 20 lb terriers. Who, frankly, didn't look too thrilled...

I would've given a considerable amount to have had my camera right then. I almost ran into the camouflage car (who could've blamed me? "Honest, officer, I didn't see it!").

So I made it back home, showered, putzed, and Mags and I went to the Starbucks I go into (as opposed to the other one, which has a drive through. I like the convenience of that one, but this one has better people working there, so, when I go in...). I read a little, she sniffed a lot, and I got a text from a friend of mine giving me some really disconcerting news. She's fine, but, we almost lost her. That really shook me up. I talked to her tonight, she's better, and I feel better about her situation, but, wow.

So needless to say, Mags and I didn't stay at the Starbucks much after that. We watched some TV...


...and I futzed around on the intenet a little. Found a really cool blog at Vegan Lunch Box which has some nice recipes, but also links to a lot of very neat products. Worth checking out. Not that I'll ever read it again, because I'm so far behind on my blog reading, but...

And here's one more thing for your viewing enjoyment. I do love me an SNL digital short, and think I may be developing a little crush on Andy Samberg, frankly...

2 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

Okay, that was hilarious. All of it. The canoe, the boat, the camo car... and that video.

(I'm behind, too AND I just failed the word verification.)

DK said...

I especially like the, "Now who should I take? Keiv...and....T-Pain."

How I wish I'd been able to capture that bike-dog-canoe madness on film!!

Bookmark and Share