Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anxiety

So Claudia's back in the Chi, but we had a very nice visit (thanks, hon!). We spent her last day here making one more essential stop on the Culinary Tour of the Triangle - it was the abbreviated version, but, it was a good tour. We ate at Top of the Hill, Town Hall Grill, Weathervane, Spartacus, PF Changs (it was in a pinch, but we were able to maintain our streak of dining al fresco), my aunt and uncle's (the best place around, IMHO), and today? Bojangles. A Southern institution.

I met with Gomer this morning, came home, showered, and Claud and I headed out to the Boj. We then went into Chapel Hill to try and find this cupcake bakery my aunt had raved about, which was? Of course? Closed. So we ended up at the Cold Stone (mmm), but still got to sit outside on some picnic benches and enjoy the completely gorgeous day. We came home, and she packed, and then we decided we did indeed have enough time to move the furniture from my room into the other bedroom and vice versa, or at least get a good start on it, which we did. And then I dropped her at the airport, and headed about an hour west to pick up the suit jacket in my size at the store that had it. Because, y'all, I have my fellowship interview tomorrow.

I know, I know. I just found out about it Friday. The whole damn thing makes me even more anxious than I can say, and in fact, I'm making the conscious decision to stop discussing why (which, I've been whining to Peng and Claudia and my mom for a week) until after the interview is over tomorrow. So, Thursday. It's my last day of this abbreviated vacation, and the only scheduled thing I have is a 10:30 with Gomer. So, Thursday? Good post. Promise.

Meanwhile...I have a fabulous new suit. Great new heels (Danskos. Doesn't it figure?). Pretty new jewelry, including a watch, which is something I almost never wear. And a kickass new pocketbook. I have hose. I have makeup. I have...um...chutzpa. And I'll have a mocha in the morning. This interview day will go just fine, of course.

Still.....::whimper::.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome. So there. :P

Anonymous said...

The day will be fine----good luck----and I am sure you will look "stunning"

Enjoy enjoy Carol

Valerie said...

I am cheering you on...it will be fine.....you will get your fellowship.....Valerie

Allison said...

Dansko makes heels?! I live in mine...not heels...boring black clogs, but I swear I could walk to the moon in them.

You're going to do wonderfully in your interview. We'll be thinking of you and Joseph sends a hug your way.

Anonymous said...

What's a fellowship interview?

Barb Matijevich said...

Dude, it's all yours. I am sending you good luck but you don't even need it.

love you,
Barb

Tiny Tyrant said...

You're going to rock the interview chickie.

Good thoughts winging your way.

Bookmark and Share