Monday, March 02, 2009

Revision

Okay, let me start today's post by saying, the sink was NOT Maggie's fault. I just thought the look on her face sort of said it all...

So yesterday, I got a few things done, I dyed my hair (ahhh, I'm a redhead again...), got out of the shower, set something very dramatic like my hairbrush on the sink, and it fell off the wall again. Which, it's done before, but I caught it, put it back up. This time, I noticed that the U-bend had cracked, but, I put it back up on the wall and it seemed to align very nicely. So, okay, I thought, I'll call the landlord later, and I wandered off to the kitchen (where the laundry is).

Maggie, for the record, was snoozing in her chair in the living room.

Shortly thereafter, there was a giant crash. And Maggie rocketed from the living room to my room, to hide on my bed. I, on the other hand, commenced to swearing. Because, of course, now there was nasty, moldy, sulfur-y water coming out of the drain and leaking all over my bathroom floor. And the sink was on the floor. Oh, here - a recreation, since I had to take the sink out of the bathtub so I could shower tonight...

And then last night - it snowed in North Carolina. Again. All over my daffodils.

Ohhh, but it was beautiful this morning. I wish I'd thought to take my camera. Mike may have gotten some (he thought to bring his, and he has a much better camera than I do), which I'll attempt to steal from him. I did manage to snap this one of my car, with my phone:

That was some 9 or 10 hours after I parked in the garage...it was cold in NC today, yo!

Only one of my patients showed up (out of 9 I had scheduled). And, after getting there at 6:45, I discovered around 8:30 that we were on a 2 hour delay. So, I didn't have to be there until 10. Fab.

Sparrow gave me the wonderful idea of calling all my afternoon patients to see if they were planning to come, and of course, only the 1pm was. So I managed to leave around 3:30 (after a conversation with Sparrow in which she was like, go! Go to the gym! Which was exactly what I'd wanted her to say when I walked in there and was like, but they said they might close early, and it's already 3:30, and my tummy still kind of hurts, and, and, and....) and went to the gym, and as I was dumping stuff in my locker to go work out, I realized...I'd just shut my locker - locked, of course - with both the keys to my lock inside.

Damn it.

So I went and worked out, and then went and got the bolt cutters from the guys at the desk and cut my lock off. And then discovered that the locker wouldn't open anyway. So then I went and got a screwdriver, and that eventually opened it.

Thanks, Sparrow. Going to the gym was a great idea.

(No, not blaming her any more than I am Maggie. I actually did have a good workout...and, after all, I went in there with the express purpose of getting her to tell me to go...)

And then, of course, I came home, and found both garbage strewn all over (I DO blame Maggie for that one) and my sink still sitting in the bathtub. My landlord's response? With the snow and all? He forgot. Meanwhile, I have a SINK IN MY BATHTUB. He swears he'll get it fixed tomorrow, and I believe him.

Oh, but, the best part of today? Tomorrow, clinic's not opening until 10.

And Maggie's wagging her tail in her sleep, which I think is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Ha! do you know Paige in Mt. Vernon---Lorna's friend?

You both are kindred spirts with your "trials and tribulations" inlcuding dogs.

but where are your horses? Guess those are"patients" that you take care of.

Laughing and spilling my coffee
Enjoy Carol

Tiny Tyrant said...

I love it when Scrat chases stuff in his sleep. Maybe he actually catches stuff in his dreams.

Your landlord really sounds like a piece of work. How much longer till he's not your landlord any more?

Unknown said...

I apologize to Maggie for assuming she had done it. Bad me!

Bookmark and Share