Saturday, March 21, 2009

Coolness

Have you heard this story, about the guy who pulled a man off the subway tracks in Manhattan this week? Saved this guy's life, and subsequently disappeared into the crowd before the police, paramedics, or any one else noticed who he was?

Y'all, I went to college with this guy.

It was funny. I was at the gym (which is of course where I get all my news, on the treadmill, which also means I can't hear any of it), and this story was on MSNBC or something, and I was like, huh, that guy looks familiar. And then over on the CNN screen it was in the ticker a few days later, and I thought, hmm, that name looks familiar. But I still didn't connect it until one of my friends posted it on her Facebook page.

And then I had one of those headslapping moments. He was a year or two ahead of me, but many of my friends were theater people, and so our circles overlapped. We weren't bff, but I remember him as a nice, reasonably funny, generally unassuming kind of guy. And let me tell ya, my college community is pretty darn proud.

Way to go, Chad!

No comments:

Bookmark and Share