Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Migration...

So my day started nicely. I slept in, I was snuggled with my puppy, and then I noticed this little...thing on the dog. So I picked at it a little, and then its little feet started moving, and ew, ew, ew, it was a tick!

Dude, I'm a city girl. Born and bred. I don't know what the hell to do with a tick. This is why I put tick medicine on her, so I don't have to deal with this shit.

So I called the Banfield, and they told me to put a little alcohol on it and then pull it out with a tweezer. I ended up using a pliers (close enough - couldn't find the tweezers), and then looked at this thing...

I think it's Ichabod Tick.

Apparently I didn't get as close to the head as I thought...

Maggie was NOT pleased. And in fact wouldn't come back into the bedroom for the rest of the time I was home.

The handyman came as I was getting ready for work. I had one patient show up for clinic again today (hooray!), and then had a bunch of work to do this afternoon, which I decided I would do at Starbucks. So I came home to get my laptop, and found that the sink had migrated out to the front porch.

But, by the time I came home from class (last night of classes! I get my Tuesday nights back next week!), it had moved back into the bathroom...

Seriously. Are they kidding?? It's mounted to the wall with a friggin' piece of molding. That's hideous. What happened to the pedestal sink? What happened to the not putting the stupid sink back on the wall??

Uh, and I think there's something seriously missing, still....

I'm so not pleased. We're on day three, here.

Not to mention, he moved everything (for no apparent reason) and blocked off the door to the room with the dog door.

Oy.

Here's what Maggie thinks.

(You'll notice she got over her fear of the bedroom, though)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kate----but that Handy Andy works on the "HOURLY RATE". why should he care how long it take, how poor a job , how many days!

Don't get me started and I would be just like Maggie, Hm! We both agree. Incompetentancy reigns! !

You may want to "ban" me from your blog these days.

but enjoy knitting things. Carol

Gigi said...

I checked out that article you sent to me. I've got to mull it over a bit. Talk to ya soon!

Tiny Tyrant said...

1. LOVE the purple door.

2. WTF! Your landlord's handy man is a moron. Geez I could do a much better job than that.

3. Wish I lived closer. I'd send hubby over to fix it for you.

Barb Matijevich said...

Okay, so Coop Googled how to take ticks off and...this is going to sound crazy but we found this website that said you should just kind of rub the tick around and it will fall off by itself.

Yes, we were skeptical.

But we did it to Scout and it worked! I know, I know... if I can find the article, I'll send it to you.

Maybe your handyman can Google how to put a sink back up. to

Bookmark and Share