Friday, March 27, 2009

Patience

So one of my patients dropped out of therapy today. It happens - it's not always the right time for the work that we do, you know? You've got to be in the right place, the timing has to be good, or you're working uphill. In the wind. It just is what it is. Kind of a shame, because I liked working with her, but, c'est la vie. See above, re: uphill in the wind.

But, in parting, in discussing the work that we'd done, she reminded me of a stanza from this song:



I was locked into being my mother's daughter
I was just eating bread and water, thinking nothing ever changes
And I was shocked to see the mistakes of each generation
Would just fade like a radio station
When you drive out of range.

I think it's a good point. Never fully the answer, but...a good point nonetheless.

And now stuck in my head.

(I'm also a little partial because this is one of my favorite Ani songs. I've long thought that this was a good point. Good choice, patient.)

No comments:

Bookmark and Share