Sunday, March 22, 2009

Up and down

It's been a day...

So I went to see my trainer this morning. He kicked my ass. KICKED my ass. I was a little whiny, and kept losing my balance (and dropped a 5 lb medicine ball on my head, but that's another story entirely. I'm not always sure why he puts up with me...I mean, except for the fact that I'm paying him to do so). But we get to the last set of exercises, these inclined crunches alternating with a set of twisty things...and I'm doing the twisty things, and I was like...oh.....shit. I'm gonna throw up. Like, now. Gonna vomit.

So we stopped, two sets from the end. I could barely talk for trying to keep down what little breakfast I'd had. Gomer says, you need to eat something.

I would've laughed at him if I hadn't thought it would guarantee that I'd puke on his shoes.

He says, you need to eat something. Do you have anything? I shook my head, because, you know, see above, re: shoes.

So he goes into his desk and hands me a banana. I shake my head again. He says, really. Eat the banana. You'll feel better instantly. Eat the banana.

(Freud would have something to say about this.)

(Freud would have even more to say about the fact that it worked like a charm.)

Like a charm. I finally got a couple bites of banana down and was like...oh....that IS better.

I was telling this story to my friend, a family doc, whom I had lunch with, and she was like, duh, your blood sugar dropped. But it came on so suddenly. And I wasn't shaky or anything beforehand. And, and, and....

(No. Seriously. Duh.)

But, in better news, I had a lovely lunch with a good friend. It was delightful. She's in private practice now, and paints a wonderful picture of life in the real world. Plus, the food was good. And Maggie may have a new puppy play date.

In less better news, though, I sent my dad to the ER, because he's sick, although, he probably just has the flu (they sent him home after a really looooong wait). And Little Maxine is spending the night with us, which is nice. But she had a little seizure, which was a little scary. It's not the first one she's had, but it is the first time that's happened with us. Maggie was ALL OVER HER - so worried. Poor little bit. She's fine, though (and Maggie and I have recovered, too).

So, tomorrow, back to work. It's going to be a busy week, and then I'm on call on Saturday. Bleh.

We're all going to pile on the bed and have a rest....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my dad would eat something more healthy like a banana or grapes when his lood sugar goes down. He does candy

Tiny Tyrant said...

Oh hugs to Miss Maxine. Maggie too.
Doggy seizures are no fun.

Julie Hoover said...

I really like hearing about your experiences with your trainer - they make me laugh because I've been through the EXACT same things!

Bookmark and Share