Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lotta Thursday

So it's Match Day again.

We got a whole new batch of incoming interns today. A couple of my favorite picks were in the group, and a couple that I hoped would be joining us will not. But there's fresh blood a-comin'! People to take the intern pager so the current interns can take my pager! Which is what's important, here, right?

In other news, I went to the coast today. It was goooooooorgeous. I had a relatively light caseload, and then I stopped at this place called the Coastal K-9 Bakery. Because, you know, I might have a puppy who just had a birthday. It was very cute. The woman who runs the place was very nice, and assured me that not only were all their products human-grade and organic, but that the Parmesan snaps make very good croutons.

I ate one. It was okay. Not as flavorful as I'd like in a human treat, but not bad.

So I bought a small bag of assorted treats-by-ounce, and this:

It's a Crabby Pup-cicle.

Maggie loved it. She ate half and then mysteriously disappeared out the dog door with the other half and came back in all muddy.

Love that dog.

(She sends birthday wishes to little Mr. Scrat as well. She'd send him a treat, but, well, she'd eat it before we got it in the mail...)

It was a nice day. I ran around the coast, got out reasonably early. Had a nice drive back, and a good workout. Came home, gave the puppy a Crabsicle, had a nice shower, made dinner, and then there was new Bones on. Plus, there's only one more day until the weekend! Can't beat that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie is so lucky to have you----course you are lucky to have a sweetie like her! ! !

Enjoy Carol

Anonymous said...

Kate- Match Day at UTMB was on the news last night. They were talking about what a challenge it was to finish their last year of med school while the hurricane hit. It was really touching until one young man was interviewed and said, "There are people in this group that I haven't seen for two years- ALL because of the HURRICANE."

Dude, the hurricane was only 6 months ago.

Dr.VonB said...

I matched at our home Peds program for prelim... can I consult you next year?!?

Bookmark and Share