Friday, April 10, 2009

Brain mush

I got two hours of sleep last night, which was not the most restorative. And then, true to form, I didn't sleep all day today. And now it's 10 pm and I'm pretty sure my brain is running out my ear and dripping onto my shoulder.

It was a nice day, though. I went to the yarn store this morning, and then to the Fleet Feet store, which, Gomer and I got into a discussion yesterday about my ankle pain and returning shin splints and whatnot, and he was like, hey, why don't you go to that store Claudia's been telling you about forever? (Okay, that might not actually be how he said it, but it's what I heard.) And there just happened to be one next to the yarn shop. So I went in, and they kind of gave me this look like, uh, why are you here? You realize this is a shop for like, runners and athletes and such, right? But, eventually my sales guy got into the groove, and wow, it was a great experience. I got new shoes and better insoles for less than my last pair of New Balance (before the fancy insoles, damn high arches). And then I went to the gym, and had a kickass workout. Came home, snuggled the puppy, shower, shrink, Target, and then got the world's best strawberry milkshake from the Cook Out for lunch (yes, just a milkshake. It's what I wanted, bugger off). And then tonight Rene and Peng and I went to this Indian place in town (Mint. Awesome) for dinner and it was sooooo good. The daal was awesome, and spicy, and now I can breathe through my nose again. And then I picked up Little Maxine (Sparrow's out of town; Rene and I have shared custody this week), and now we're all snuggled up on the bed and the girls are asleep and, frankly, I can't quite figure out why I'm not....

No comments:

Bookmark and Share