Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Long. Ass. Day.

Today...was...you guessed it - long.

It started with my getting to work at the crack of early so I could let my 7am patient in. Of course, the front desk staff is no longer there at 7am, so, now, now it's just me. We had a decent session, and then I had four long, long intakes (not that I got all that long to do them, of course). I had supervision, and then my psychotic clinic, and one of my patients walked in that didn't have an appointment. I went to the gym and Gomer kicked my ass (I still think he's trying to kill me) and then I went to Peng and Chef's for dinner. They even let me shower off the nasty gym funk. And Matthew and V came over, too, and we had phenomenal braised pork shanks and asparagus and we watched Repo! The Genetic Opera, which was bizarre and awesome all at the same time (I'm going to have to watch it again. And I think there's literary allegory in there, I just can't put my finger on what...). There was good food and good wine and good company, and good irreverent entertainment. The night was definitely lovely.

But it was a long ass day.

No comments:

Bookmark and Share