Monday, May 11, 2009

Twice the Speed of Life

I'm on vacaaaa-tion. I'm on vacaaaaaa-tion.

Well, okay, not technically until tomorrow. Today I'm really post-call. Yesterday was decent. I saw three consults, two people in the ER, got about 6 hours of sleep. So, not bad at all.

Today has been generally unproductive - there's been some lounging, some napping, some time at the gym, and some planning what I need to do in the next week. And a lot of random driving. During which, I kept hearing this song:



(The lyrics aren't quite right, but you get the idea, and the audio was the best on that clip. I thought the actual best version of the song was this one, except the handheld video will make you seasick and someone passes out in the middle of the performance.)

It's called It Happens, and it's by Sugarland, who is one of my favorite bands. And I just totally love it.

It's sort of funny, actually, because I was walking out today in the rain, and before I actually got outside I was thinking about how gorgeous and sunny it was yesterday and how I was a little confused this morning when I got up and looked out the window and was like, what? Where'd the sun go? But I go out the ER and was walking to my car being all wet and found myself thinking, gosh, I'm so glad it's not raining any harder than this. And my inner critic made some snarky comment about silver linings and I started thinking about how I've been so, like, "Ohmigod, what's coming next?" recently, and I really need to adjust my mindset. Which made me think of one my very favorite lyrics, from a different Sugarland song, which is, I want to find what it means to be the girl who changed her mind and changed the world.

And then I heard this song all day. I'm taking it as an omen (not an idea of reference, so back away from the Zyprexa).

And then I tried to buy the single on iTunes and realized that, somehow, I missed the fact that I already owned this whole album. I was wondering why the previews all sounded really familiar...apparently I last listened to it last July.

Oy.

I mean, what a pleasant surprise.

So maybe I need a little practice at this positive attitude business...

No comments:

Bookmark and Share