Sunday, May 03, 2009

Tired....again...still....

Ohhh, it was a long day. Of course, after sleeping through yesterday (I did make it to Starbucks, but that was about it), I woke up this morning at like 3:30. So Maggie and I watched some TV, and fussed on the internet, and then long about 7 I finally got up and went...um...to the Starbucks (I'm sensing a theme, no?). Until the gym opened up (it USED to be 24h...not so much these days), and then I spent too long there (that was a feeling-the-tired-but-too-stubborn-to-stop kind of workout), and then went to the Whole Foods, where I spent too much money. Came home, laid around for a while, then finally got my ass in gear and showered and headed for the Lane Bryant, where I spent (again) way too much money buying all manner of things that cannot be mentioned (which is fortunate, because things have been raggedy for a while in the unmentionables drawer. And to quote Warrick on CSI, "Ain't nothin' sadder than a girl with raggedy drawers").

But then I met Peng at the mall and we fussed around with makeup (Peng, not so much with the makeup-wearing. She has Chap-Stick. And occasional - very occasional - nail polish) in preparation for the wedding. I think we found a look that works, at least preliminarily (we'll let the Mary Kay lady weigh in on that, later, too). And then we had a lovely dinner at the restaurant where Chef...um....chefs. I had this lemon tart that was absolutely to die for. The cassoulet was good, too (although meat-ful...I'd never had cassoulet with meat in it), and the salad, the wine, the company - all delightful. Tart, though? Makes you a little weak in the knees. Ah, French desserts.

Peng? Had (I'm so not kidding) sweetbreads and head cheese for dinner. Also mussels, but those weren't nearly as amusing.

I have a 7am patient tomorrow, and then am on call AGAIN tomorrow night. I meant to be in bed an hour ago, but dinner took a while and then I had to go snuggle Little Maxine (Sparrow's on call) and gosh, that was just rough...but perhaps I'll get my tucas to bed now....

1 comment:

robin said...

whole foods has another name. whole paycheck.

Bookmark and Share