Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finally, a day off....

Peng and I figured out that yesterday was our twelfth day in a row of work. All of which were ten to twelve hour days. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

So today...I had all manner of plans. But I didn't actually get much done...

I slept in, sorta. Went to Starbucks for a while, with solid plans of finishing all the discharge summaries I have to have done on Monday morning. I got one done sufficiently for a patient that was supposed to transfer out today (but didn't, as it turns out, which is fine, because I still need to do the "full" summary, all I did was the brief). But beyond that...mostly I played on the internet. Read some blogs, caught up on my LOLcats, people watched around me. Maggie now has a Facebook profile (I blame the peer pressure of all my friends whose pets are online). I finally gave up and came home.

Mags and I spent the day mostly lounging and watching the SVU marathon on TV. She did some successful napping; me, not so much. I did get some spinning done with my drop spindle, though. It's getting better....my yarn actually kind of looks like yarn, which is encouraging. Kind of a thick and thin, but not too dramatic. I feel like it's over-twisted, but I guess I'll run that past the expert on Tuesday...

I painted my nails, I looked for beach houses for the upcoming upperclass retreat (we all enjoyed our intern retreats so much we're going to do it again. Except this time it's all three upper classes and we have to pay for it. So far there's 10 people coming; we have the potential for 26 more - including spouses - who haven't responded yet). I finally decided it was totally appropriate to have a nice lazy day today, given how hectic the last 12 have been.

However, this does not get my house unpacked....

We'll see how tomorrow goes. I have to see Kelly at 1, have dinner plans with my aunt and uncle, since my cousin and her boyfriend are in town. I have to get those summaries written, get some groceries, do some dishes and laundry...quick, before the week starts again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the "beat" goes on---the one with and about life.

The best day of your coming week sounds like Tues------which sounds like knitting stuff. Inbetween my "have to's" I have been knitting on a lacy, loopy scarf which is turning out pretty nice. It will become a Christmas gift.

Enjoy Aunt, Uncle and cousin----
Carol

Bookmark and Share