Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sleepy in NC

It turned out to be a fairly busy day today. I slept horribly last night, which I tried to make up for by sleeping in, but I didn't do that too successfully, either. I frittered the morning away doing small errands, and then Peng and I went to a local Mead Fest. Mead is a wine-like fermented beverage that uses honey instead of grapes. The mead was fine; the company was excellent. I made a new spinning friend who wants to sell me one of her old wheels (spinner ladies - or guys! - out there, is there one y'all would recommend?). We met a bunch of really neat people. And we left with a ton of last year's mead, which featured various stone fruits. This year we brought apple juice (that was the price of admission), so I guess we'll see how that turns out next year. It was a very fun time. We then stopped for Greek food on the way home, which was also very tasty, and now I have lunch Monday.

Fortunately, I could do all this running around today in my new car, which I mentioned yesterday. Here it is:
My family has this habit of naming our cars after the Greek Orthodox patron saint of the day on which we purchase them. Yesterday was the feast day of Joseph of Arimathea, so the Jeep was promptly named "Joe." Joe the Jeep. It fits.

It's a Grand Cherokee. I ended up paying less for it than my old payment was on the Liberty, despite that the interest rate I got was something close to being prison highway robbery, but, my credit sucks, what are you going to do? And it was about $20 more per month than a new Liberty. And it's roomier, and well appointed (as someone on my FB page pointed out, it even comes with a Starbucks cup. Those are standard on all models I drive). I had a Grand Cherokee in college/med school, and I loved it. I'm such a Jeep girl.

The key is all funny, though, look at this:

It's not actually a key, really. But, if you push the little button on the back, look what pops out:

A real key. Which works in the door. I think this is totally fabulous, because I can leave the car running and locked (say, if I have a pup in there whom I don't want to broil, but I also don't want anyone to steal her. Or Joe) and run into a building to run a quick errand, and then I can get back in the car.

Maggie seems to approve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't a new car wonderful? Joe the Jeep looks great and with "standing approval".

That key is something from outer space. Yikes!

Enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share