Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last go-round

So tonight was my last spinning class. You know, at least for the moment. I...oh. I love it. I love it so. And I think I'm going to take both Lorna's advice and my instructor's and buy a Bug. Probably not for a couple of weeks, and truth be told, I really liked the Ashford Joy better, but it apparently only likes to spin really thin yarn. And one of the things I ended up with tonight was this sort of Manos-y thick and thin (thickish and thinish, not like, you know Collinette Point Five or whatever) that I really enjoyed spinning, and I really liked the finished product. So...I think the versatility of the Bug is going to be where it's at. Even if I don't like the treadle quite as much.

Okay, back to English.

Today was mostly long. I woke up this morning all queasy, but went to the gym anyway. And then my trainer flaked on me and no-showed. Work was...you know....crazy, and it was just a really exhausting day. Not entirely sure why, but, nonetheless. And it didn't help that I didn't sleep super well last night. So..maybe I should shut up and go to bed....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now, you can actually, like, go out and pick cotton and make it into something entirely yourself? I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Well Kate and Danielle-----while picking cotton----run over to the sheep, sheer them guys and spin their wool too.

We have both around here but no spinners or weavers . Good thing as I might have to add another vice to my bag of tricks:

stitching, quilting, knitting
and spinning????

Enjoy enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share