Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stormy weather

It's been raining all day here in District 8 (as Peng has renamed my town, formerly known as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. I have not yet seen the movie it references, but I hear it's awesome). Maggie is not so pleased with this. I tried to take her out tonight, she kept trying to run back in the house. She finally peed, and we both made a break for it.

Today was reasonably productive. I got up this morning, went and got my blood drawn (it's TSH time again), made it to the gym in time to get my ass kicked. Kelly and I almost got run over at the end of our session by the Boot Camp class, so I parked myself on a treadmill for the next half hour and watched them. I left, I stopped and got a vegetarian sandwich for lunch...

...and then, there was something of a lull.....

I finally woke up in the middle of a thunderstorm, which effectively cancelled Peng and my plans to go to the Lazy Daze festival (this big artisan craft fest we have in my town every year). So I prodded myself into getting into the shower and de-stink-ifying, and then headed over to Starbucks to get caught up on all my clinic notes. Which I now am. Hooray. And then Peng and I went to the wine tasting, where she promptly got stung by a wasp. We wined quickly and then went and got her some benadryl. And then we got her (and me) some Indian food. Which went much better than the beginning of the wine tasting had...

I really had such big plans for cleaning and unpacking this weekend, but, alas...I was going to try and reserve tomorrow afternoon for that, but I think I may just clean the kitchen and bathrooms and be done with it. Because, you know what? I have other things I want to do tomorrow. Like catching up on my TV shows and spinning. And my morning is going to be really full of more computer time at Starbucks (discharge summaries - hoo boy!), Target, groceries, some other errand I was supposed to run and have now forgotten, and then the gym...I need to take a couple hours to stop running, you know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain Rain go away come again some other day!

Not here ---but weather moves from west to east.

You spin---we paint-----our deck and ohhhh my aching back, knees, hands. This is literally and technically! ! ! !

more of same today!
Enjoy Carol

Bookmark and Share