Sunday, August 02, 2009

Silly naked doggy

Maggie got a haircut this morning.



And has commenced to sleeping in the laundry again. Oy.

We had a relatively productive day, although, I didn't get the things done that I wanted to (I.e., we have no groceries and I didn't unpack a single box). But the laundry's done, the dishes are clean, I'm caught up on outstanding notes, I got a little housecleaning done, I spent way too much money at Ulta, I did my own nails, and I had my ass thoroughly kicked by my trainer. And I got a few other things accomplished. So, you know...

Tomorrow morning I start on the Geropsychiatry/Peripartum Mood Disorders service. My patients will be predominantly postpartum or pregnant women with mood or thought disorders, but whatever room I have left on the service will be filled with old people or overflow patients from the crisis stabilization unit. I've done a couple of days on the units doing coverage over the last two weeks, and a week of intern coverage like 10 months ago, but I haven't reeeeeally been on the units for a year. And I wasn't doing clinic duty then. So I'm a little anxious. I'm sure I'll get a rhythm down, and it'll be fine, and before you know it the whole process will be old hat again...but, I'm not there yet, so - anxious. At least I'm on the gero unit in some form or another for the next four months (two months of peripartum, one of general gero, then one of gero/ECT), so, I'll get chance to settle in before everything gets upended again.

Truth be told, I'm rather looking forward to getting in to the swing of things. I think this is going to be a better year once I get the hang of balancing things, and I'm hopeful that'll happen fairly quickly. So, we'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the "new units" of your job/education.

Now you will be working with "my generation" of people------and I now know who to call!!!!

Course I am beyond being fixed----ask lorna.

Enjoy Carol

Unknown said...

Do you read Dooce? she's got a great post partum depression anxiety story and whatever cocktail she's on seems to work wonders...

Bookmark and Share