Thursday, August 13, 2009

One of those days...

....when I'm not so sure I want to be a grown up.

What a long day. So many fires to put out, you would've thought Rome was burning.

But.

We had babies at work today. My postpartum patient's whole family came, including her three kids, one of whom is a mere 10 months. And just the sweetest thing. SUCH a cutie pie, holy cow, oh my gosh. I got to play with him for a while. Her older kids were cute, too. And then Guido's wife brought their son by for lunch (since Guido was on call tonight), who is also one of the cutest children in existence, and just sweet as you please. Made the day so much better.

I'm exhausted. Brutal long day, paired with staying out too late last night (like 9:30, which is sort of pathetic, but I didn't really get to bed until 11), because my friend Edie (one of our social workers) made me come out for TCBY last night with a bunch of her non-work-related friends (and Peng, for a while). It was such hilarity, and she texted just when I was really frustrated and pissed off about something else...the timing was totally perfect. But perhaps I stayed a little too long (nah).

However - I'm not going to be stupid and make the same mistake twice. 'Night, y'all.

2 comments:

robin said...

oh Edie and her TCBY coaxing. i was at bingo, otherwise i would have been TCBYing with y'all.

Anonymous said...

I didn't grow up cause I didn't like maturity, which makes me a kid.

And that 4-letter word W--- or the other one L--- always "butts" in.

(work life) Carol

Bookmark and Share