Sunday, November 11, 2007

The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog

Which, incidentally, is a line from this song on the new Carrie Underwood CD. Which on the whole is just okay, but there are a couple of songs I really, really love. Including this one.

Why can't they be warm and loyal, open and friendly? Huh?

Anyway.

The latest in this week's very long line of men who have really just pissed me off are at least somewhat less personal. Namely, Aaron, the Firedog online chat tech who told me that the 100 or so pitures I just deleted off my photo card when I was trying to delete three (which didn't even get deleted) are just gone, too bad for me. And also Craig, the previous Firedog tech, who told me to look in the trash. No shit, Craig-o. Thanks.

Maggie's response to my exasperated screaming about magically erasing the photos I just spent over an hour shooting? Was to lick my ear. It was wetter, but a much more appropriate response than, "did you check the trash?"

OF COURSE I looked in the recycle bin. Even though, they don't go there off a memory card. I know that, but I looked anyway. GDR.

And they were just environmentals, but, really, I spent an hour and a half shooting them. And they were good pictures! And I had all sorts of camera adversity (a way-too-small memory card, dying batteries) that I overcame to shoot them. And then? Poof. Gone. Even Barb's husband couldn't revive them. ::sigh:: Oh, well.

So why did I run around shooting pictures for an hour and a half today? Well, you see, it's fall in North Carolina.


(That's my nephew, Basil. Like the herb, don't go getting all British. And he actually isn't in NC, he's in Chicago, but is that not the most perfect picture of fall, like, ever? Look, here's another picture of him in the bushel basket.


Just the cutest thing, I swear).

So it's fall in NC. And it's really pretty down here. Like, seriously? Fall in NC kicks fall in NH's ass. I always thought the New England "fall colors" were a little overrated, at least where I lived. It's quite lovely down here. I wish I had pictures to show you that, but, I will eventually.

2 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

GDR, indeed.

I'm so sorry about the pictures. I feel your pain.

I wish you could lend me Maggie for a bit, just a little bit, to teach Scout how to be a good dog. Although, I must say, he has the licking thing down COLD. He does this thing where I'll walk across the kitchen and as I pass him, he just reaches out and licks my hand. And then I have to go wash my hands. And this happens about 25 times a day.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your rant. --Barb

Anonymous said...

"And Digby thought how much he loved salt." Not to diminish the piss-off of losing your hard-won pictures, but it just seemed to fit. :)

Bookmark and Share