Monday, November 19, 2007

Flit, Flit, Flit

As I think I've mentioned, I have quite the social calendar laid out this week. Last night I had dinner with my cousins from up north (as in, the north side, not, like Wisconsin or anything). Tomorrow, I'm going to knitting. Wednesday, I'm having dinner with friends from medical school, Thursday is the family turkey thang, and Friday I'm meeting up with my friends from high school. And of course, Saturday, it's back in the car (and I get back to NC on Sunday, I'm on call Monday, and so then Tuesday night I FINALLY get to pick my dog up from the boarder. Not that I miss her or anything). And in the mornings I get to hang out with my parents. So it's going to be a full and eventful week of social butterflyness.

Tonight, my goddaughter came over. She's five, and has way more energy than I will ever have again, cumulatively, in the whole rest of my life even if I live to be, like, 120. Holy cow. But she's awfully cute. She's in all day kindergarten, and then plays soccer. And sometimes she goes to the art teacher's room after school. And her soccer team is called the Hawks. And yesterday her dog stole a whole chicken right off the kitchen counter. And she really likes popcorn. And she doesn't like her hair being short (well, I don't like mine short either). But the funniest line was this one, recounting her trip to Mexico with her mom to visit some relatives:

"And I kept saying to my mom, 'are we in Mexico yet? Are we in Mexico yet? Are we in Mexico yet?' And then she got a headache."

I can't imagine...

I, however, have a whole other sort of headache. Someone, possibly me, made the very brilliant decision to come all the way to Illinois and not bring my glasses or a spare set of contact lenses. And then, of course, I ripped one. And have I mentioned that I'm blind as a damn bat without my contacts? Like, seriously, I'm legally blind without corrective lenses. In fact, I'm not entirely certain what I'm typing, here (you think I'm joking....). Fortunately, Pearle Vision opens up at 9:30...

No comments:

Bookmark and Share