Thursday, November 15, 2007

Proof of quick knitting...

So, Monday night I admitted this 45 year old woman who had a stroke. It was not in and of itself a "catastrophic" event, but in the context of her life, it was devastating. So they offered her this experimental therapy involving lasers and voodoo, and she accepted, and has done well. The caveat to the laser treatment? She had to shave her lovely hair. Bald. Cue ball-esque.


So, what could I do? I knit her a hat.



It look less purple in real life, and the variegation is subtler here. The band is a standard, boring, spiral lace pattern. The rest of the hat, I sort of pretended I had a pattern, and then reworked it when it wasn't working. So, basically, I made the thing up. It's in a dye lot second of Dream in Color Yarn from when I used to work there. And it took me a few hours, I wasn't really keeping track.

I like it. I hope she does, too.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's so awesome of you. I'm sure that she will love it.

Bookmark and Share