Saturday, January 05, 2008

Adding to the list of necks I'm going to break...

So I come up to the men's crisis unit to evaluate this poor sad sack who fell on his wrist. And this little Hispanic man in his early 20s with this innocent little bowl haircut comes up to me and says, "Do you remember me? I remember you!" And then he puts his hands out about two feet wider than I actually am and says "You're big, like this."

Do you want to get put in restraints? Because I'll do it. So help me God I'll do it. Learn how to talk to white girls, Paco.

I do remember him, though. The last time I admitted him he thought he was the Virgin of Guadalupe.

And at least he said it with adoration. Alright, I have to go assess the fourth person with an injured hand in two hours. What the hell is going on here tonight?

3 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

There's an awful lot of potential neck breakin' going on the last couple days, huh? Hope it gets better - well, in July of 2008.

Sarah said...

At least the crazy dude is wrong on both accounts.

Paige said...

Now that is funny. Partly because it happended to you and not me, but even if it did, it would still be a little funny.

When people are really mentally ill instead of just dumbasses, it kind of changes the dynamic, huh?

Bookmark and Share