Sunday, January 27, 2008

Post-Holiday Blues

So this afternoon was the psychiatry department Christmas party. Yes, I know it's January 27th. What we actually have is an annual Post-Holiday Blues party. Which, is funny, for a bunch of psychiatrists. Here's the rest of why it's funny.

The blurry guy on the right, with the guitar? That's my department chair. The woman on the drums (whom you can't really see in this picture, from the Treo) is his wife. This is Dr. R's blues band.

Post-holiday blues.

It was a fabulous party, at this funky little divey place in nearby Carrboro. A lot of my classmates were there. Some of the upperclassman came. A few of my favorite attendings, er, attended, and my program director was there. We drank. We danced. I finally met Fang's little blonde girlfriend (whom I like). Mike wore a leisure suit. Which led to me having a long discussion with another classmate's husband about what exactly was so leisurely about the leisure suit. I pulled out the FMBs - not that anyone could see them, because I was wearing long bootcut jeans, but they make me tall. They also hurt like hell, what with all the standing, and the dancing, which I'd sort of forgotten until I hobbled out of the bar at the end of the evening. But damn they look good. Even if I'm the only one who knows it.

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Glad you got some down time.

Bookmark and Share