Sunday, January 06, 2008

Well, I don't know how useful it is, but at least there are pictures

I'm feeling better. I did a little yoga. I haven't done good, real yoga in at least two years, or almost any in well over a year. It wasn't my best session ever, technically speaking, but oh, it was so cleansing. So need to do this for real.

I've got to join a real gym. Not the little treadmill room at my apartment. Not my silly hodge-podge collection of DVDs and a punching bag and a cheap-ass rowing machine in my apartment. I need a gym. With people and classes and without the Chicago gym attitude and I need a personal trainer.

To whom I'm likely going have to sell my body in order to afford any of it.

Hmm.

I did make it to the grocery store today. I even bought wine. Mostly because of the label.

You know, it's probably not what you think, though. Look more closely at the label, you perverts. It was the name of the winery that sucked me in, up there, in French, above the two dancing figures:

Folie a deux.

Literally, it means the misstep or derangement in a pair, but there's a much fuller meaning implied. In psychiatry, we define folie a deux as a shared psychosis. Like, I'm so crazy, I pull you into my craziness, so that you also exhibit features of my craziness.

If you think about it, this isn't as rare as it seems. It's more a question of extremes.

Also, yes, I'm a sucker for wine that makes references to psychoneurotic phenomena. And it turns out, the wine's pretty good. There will be more in my wine rack. I can find my (empty) wine rack.

What I can't find is my wine glasses. So, I made do with the cup that came with lunch.

Classy, eh?

Don't worry, I didn't even come close to filling it. But you want to see something even classier? I totally broke the cork trying to pull it out. So the fun wine is now being stored in this bottle instead...

Yeah, there used to be spaghetti sauce in that. Super classy.

I also bought fresh strawberries and fresh baked poundcake.


Mmmm, so good. So utterly good.

I think, ultimately, what's going on with the dynamic of our Family Med team is something of a folie a deux (quatre?). It's just a wine inspired thought, but I think it also might be quite a useful piece of insight. Tomorrow will be an interesting anthropological evaluation of that...

Speaking of which, I have six patients to round on in the am, according to the list. Before 7:30, so Betsy can interfere with my thought process and flow before formal rounds even occur.

Sat nam...sat nam.......om..........

1 comment:

Tiny Tyrant said...

Oh yum - strawberries, whip cream and poundcake.

I'll be right there. ;-)

Bookmark and Share