Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thanks for your patience

That's actually an Alanis Morrisette reference. When I originally titled this, I wrote, Thanks for your patients. And then went, hmm, that doesn't look right....why?,,,,,

Hmm.

I'm so tired. As Barb so astutely pointed out to me, this is the sort of tired sleep just won't fix. Although it doesn't help that I'm so sleep deprived. And like, today, I had all these great plans for when I came home. Actually, I had all these great plans when I went in. Betsy was going to be gone all morning for her academic stuff that the Family residents do on Wednesday, and we only had 6 patients between us, and I only had to see two this morning, so I came up with this great idea that I was going to be ready to sign out when she got back (she was on call today) at like noon or one or something and then I was going to make Mike go have lunch with me at the Cajun place we keep trying to get to (but they close for the afternoon at 2:30) and then I was going to go to sit and knit at the yarn shop which is right down the street from the Cajun place and then I was going to come home and write this great post I've been composing for two days in my head and then I was going to do a couple other things and then be in bed by nine and ahhh, what a good plan.

It didn't quite work that way. Mike and I made it out of the hospital around 2:15. And we did go to lunch, but we went to this New York style pizza place in downtown Chapel Hill. Not bad, interesting pizza, good beer. We stayed and chatted until about 4ish, I got home about an hour later, and was like, okay, gonna do this and this and this, but then I was like, I'll just lay down here on the couch for like a half hour....and I woke up twenty minutes ago. And I would've just gone back to sleep except I have a phone call I have to make at 8:10....

I'm just so tired....but on the plus side, I did get to stick a needle in some guy's belly today and drain off two liters of fluid. I haven't done that in about three years. That was pretty darn cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 liters! Cool!! I bet he felt better after that!

Paige said...

Ooh fun on the belly tap.

There is not much better than an afternoon sneak away for beer and pizza is there? Something about it being the wrong time of day feels so indulgent.

You got a reference in my blog post today about storm damage--bet you laugh!

Bookmark and Share