Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008, day 2

It's cold. In fact, do you know what happened today in NC? It snowed.

No, really.

The unit secretary was all like "it's snowing!" And of course everyone commenced to finding a window to see the snow. Which was barely a flurry, and lasted about three minutes. But in the south, I think that's considered a blizzard.

Much more exciting today was Wednesday afternoon knitting group at the LYS, which, you know, I discovered last week. There were a few more people there today including some very fun and lovely ladies, and...are you ready for it? A man. A man! With a dog! Who knits!

::sigh:: He should only be straight....

I also started reading Girl, Interrupted this evening, which I ordered as a reward for myself for getting through last month (I'm thinking about a monthly reward system to propel me through the end of the year. Something small, you know, when I finish a 4 week block). I've owned the movie for years, and I watched it last weekend, and wow, had a whole new perspective on it after all my time at State Hospital (i.e., I'm not sure she was really borderline, based on the movie). So I decided to snag the paperback and read the actual story, see how that compared.

For surviving this month? I earn Offender Profiling and Crime Analysis. Is that pathetic?

Tomorrow my co-intern Mike and I are cast back to reality. WARS ended today, so I have to drag my ass into the hospital way too early again tomorrow. Over the past week and a half, all three teams have sort of blended into one, and tomorrow we split them all up again and resume the usual state of chaos. Damn, I've really enjoyed the getting in at 8am thing (and more precisely, the not getting up at any time that has a 5 at the front, particularly at the beginning of that hour, blech).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate- Do you mean the year, as in, the end of 2008 or, the end of the year as in, the end of your internship?

DK said...

Just the end of the internship. I shouldn't need quite as much external motivaton as a second year....which is sad, beause I'll have a little more cash...

Matt Conner said...

I read Girl, Interrupted last spring. It's not wonderful, but it's short, and it gets the point across well.

- Matt

Bookmark and Share