Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday

Ah, so it's my last day of being home sick. Maggie's insistence that I pet her must, indeed, have cured me. And I celebrated this morning by...running errands. You know, in public. I even encountered a small child.

I still tried not to cough on her. I mean, I try to employ that as a general rule.

So I'm officially crusty. And thus in theory not contagous anymore. And I also have a giant bruise on my lateral left knee that I can't explain. I don't think that's related.

And as yet another bit of randomness, I'm watching the Psych season finale. Generally speaking, I don't entirely love this show. And right now I'm ten minutes in and a little annoyed. The mummy got up and walked out of the exhibit. Duh, because the actual mummy was replaced by a guy wrapped in bandages who probably was trying to steal something else. They did this already on CSI. It was a fake ancient Japanese suit of armor, but, nonetheless. And it was probably an inside job.

I went to the Walgreens and the Whole Foods this morning, and the yarn store in Raleigh, which didn't have the yarn I needed. I also stalled at the cute little bookstore where my aunt and I went to the book signing last week. And then I came home and napped and read and knitted until I ran out of the yarn I couldn't get any more of this morning (they had the right yarn - I mean, please, it's Lamb's Pride - just not the right color. And I was trying to explain to the saleswoman exactly the blue I was using, which just happened to not be any of the six shades of blue they had in bulky. It's Cubbie Blue. But, you know, that doesn't mean anything to anyone down here...) and then I watched a lot of Law and Order. It was a lovely day.

I did talk to Original Robin today (as opposed to Other Robin), and she told me, well, a, the baby's gestating well. But b, her mother-in-law's really, really sick. Which makes me sad, because you'll remember that Original Robin married another of our friends from high school. I've known her MIL a long time, and she's a great lady. Some of my best memories of high school involve Original Robin and her now-MIL and her now-SIL and me freezing our butts off in the stands at away football games senior year so we could cheer on Original Robin's now-husband (Number 64). So I dug through my stash and started a shawl/lap robe for her. It's a nice Cherry Tree Hill merino worsted in this marl color I don't know what else to do with, and it'll be a good color for her. I'm going to try and visit her next week when I'm Chicago for like ten minutes (literally between prep and court, over that stupid suit about my old house. Run, run, run). I'm going to be really sad when she dies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's always an inside job on Psych. That's part of its charm.

Bookmark and Share