Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring is sprung

It's officially spring in North Carolina. You know how I know this? Well, the trees are starting to bloom. The temperature is warming up. The grass needs mowing. And the tinny sound of "The Wheels on the Bus" came wafting through my apartment complex today.

The ice cream truck is back.

I know today was supposed to be my "free day" from blogging. But dude, it's not like it was a day of silence observed for some cause or remembrance or whatever. It's because there happen to 366 days this year. And it's not called Blog 366. But I've been home doing nothing all day, so, I figure I can take a different day off, right?

Anyhow.

I'm feeling a little better. I have less of a fever, I'm not quite as sore, I have a little more energy. But I don't think I've been this snotty since I was a teenager (ha). I wandered out to the Target this morning around 8 to get further supplies. Like a humidifier. And Sudafed, which I couldn't get because the damn pharmacy wasn't open that early, so I had to settle for the completely useless phenylephrine version. Has this pseuoephedrine lock-up made any sort of a dent in the crystal meth problem? Not that I can tell. From where I sit, there's still an abundance of meth addicts and the only access that's been reduced is to good decongestants.

I really went because I ran out of tissues last night. Oh, it was tragic. And then I couldn't find the tissues at the Target, which almost brought me to tears. Which is when I decided it was probably okay that I didn't go to work today.

I walk in, though, and right up front, at the One Spot (the little dollar section. Which, really, that store is wonderful. And then now they have a grocery store, and a dollar store, and a Starbucks, all right inside the Target! I swear, if they start selling yarn, I might not need to shop anywhere else), they have this display of fold-up reusable bags. It's all, be eco friendly! Reduce! Reuse! Recycle! And I thought, oh, these are nice. They fold up, they're cheap, this is good. So I bought two. And when I checked out, I made sure I pointed them out to the cashier, like, I know you can't fit a humidifier in one of these, but the rest of my stuff should fit in there. She picks them up, says, "Oh, yeah, these are nice bags"....and promptly puts them in into a plastic bag.

So I gave up and came home and took a nap.

::sigh:: There are so many important things I've been meaning to talk about here this week. Maybe I should've taken today off after all...

No comments:

Bookmark and Share