Saturday, February 16, 2008

You know, I kind of knew that.

Well, since all the other kids are doing it, I took the "What US City Are You?" quiz. This is the answer I got.



You Are Miami



Sexy and beautiful, you turn heads wherever you go.
A little spicy and a little exotic, you're fully aware of your unique appeal.
Totally high energy, you keep the party going early into the morning.

Famous Miami residents: Anna Kournikova, OJ Simpson, Enrique Iglesias



Although I'm not typically one who likes to associate myself with OJ Simpson (Since when is he from Miami?), I will admit I kind of agree with them. Or at least, I must, since the non-Chicago places I was looking to relocate to in the match were here, Charleston SC, or Miami. Miami's a great town - totally unlike anywhere else I've been in the world, really. The people are generally friendly, it's open and exotic and totally flavorful. And fosters a particular kind of crazy people that I find interesting to work with. And it would've forced me to learn Spanish, which you know I'm rather desperate to do. The women are a little too consistently gorgeous, but I think the high proportion of Hispanic men would've counterbalanced that (they like a little something to hold on to, I'm told).

My other favorite non-Chicago American cities? Seattle, WA and Savannah, GA. I also really liked Ketchican, AK. But there were no psych programs in Savannah or the entire state of Alaska (no, really, I seriously considered it! I think the seasonal affective disorder would probably get me in the end, but I've been to Alaska once, and that is a magical land), and UW seemed to think I should go to the University of Washington program in Idaho (which let me tell you, I like a good potato, but come on now). And in the end, Big Hospital's program beat the pants off Jackson Memorial and U of Miami. And, I don't have a crazy ex here yet, so, bonus. And I like the Triangle, a lot, really.

Oh, and then there was this reason I didn't move to Miami:



This was an AP photo of my crazy ex's neighborhood during hurricaine Wilma. Yeah...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OJ's from Miami since he discovered their very favorable homestead laws. The Goldmans ain't gonna get his mansion!

FYI, I am New York.

Paige said...

I was in Miami on accident yesterday--my first trip. I am definitely going back.

When I took that test, I came up Austin, and they caleld me Artistic. They also called me Freaky. Which do you think is most likely?

Bookmark and Share