Monday, September 08, 2008

Presents!!

I'm so tired. So tired. Like, whole new levels of tired. Didn't sleep at all last night. Damn night float.

But, I got home tonight, and there were boxes on my front porch. Lots of them. Two, from Amazon, which I assumed carried things I expected (although why they divided my books into two boxes, beats the heck out of me). But then...somebody sent me a faucet?


I read the return address and quickly recognized the package as containing something far more exciting. My sock blockers from Lorna.


Aren't they just fabulous? Lorna's dad, right, he goes out and chops down his own wood, then lathes and cuts and sands and stains it into really freakin' awesome sock blockers. By hand. Amazing.

The Tolerance Socks were in the wash, so I had to make do with the one I've got on the needles.


She also sent me a very cool pattern for felted flip-flops. A nifty Southern alternative to felted clogs.

The other boxes, of course, contained books I'd ordered.


Kinda boring.


There. That's better.

So cool. Thanks, Lorna!! (Just...remind me how much I owe you for them? I'll PayPal it off to you ASAP.)

3 comments:

Lorna said...

Glad you like the blockers... They are not "varnished" - you can if you want - he just likes the look of the natural wood - if you put wet socks on them - wrap the wood with saran wrap type stuff -

Marie said...

Great socks! I am knitting some too and will post pictures soon. Kate, I wanted to let you know I gave you an award in my latest posting. It might be glaringly obvious somewhere on your site, but I didn't know how else to get in touch with you to let you know. Thanks for much reading pleasure! Marie :)

Barb Matijevich said...

I need both the blockers and the flip flop pattern. How, how, HOW DO I GET THEM?

Okay, so I started my sweater at Knit Night so I would have people keeping me on track. I'm thinking about announcing my diet there, too, just in case that will work.

Bookmark and Share